Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Eyes Are Mean To Me

So apparently, YouTube has sparked all types of unexpected phenomena; including something where you take some sort of film, images, or whatever and mix them with a song. I have casually heard this referred to as "edits".

Now you would think that I would find such stuff campy, but it's actually quite fascinating to me. Maybe because I have always had a pretty crazy imagination anyway and this is like my craziest ideas coming to fruition. Now, I remember being little and going to Showbiz Pizza and hearing them perform classic rock songs by the Beatles. But nothing, I mean nothing could have prepared me for this:



However I am thinking that this wasn't a true edit; but rather someone has the animatronics, and did the programming. If that's not the case with the previous one; then definitely with this one... (notice the bad lighting and simplified action)



Not to worry though, there are genuine, bona fide edits out there. Like this one (that I think is simply amazing):



The original is here by the way; and it's a very different song they are really dancing to, believe me!

Then there is this one:



Someone found an old clip of Russian (European?) soldiers and melded it with Run DMC. Wow. I can only imagine what else is out there!

No comments: