Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yet Another Blog...

Ok, so after spending about an hour watching and listening to old reggae tunes on YouTube, I decided that I want to write about this stuff...but not in my other blogs. So I figured I would make a new one. Hey, it's free!

So for my first post, I'll included "Sittin' On The Dock Of the Bay" by Jacob Miller. I remember this song from when I was probably about 6 years old...and I didn't know Otis Redding's song until much later ("I left my home in Georgia"...took me by surprise the first time I heard it!). So wow...this sure brings back memories!

From my understanding, Jacob Miller died due to injuries sustained in a car accident at age 27 in 1980. The story was that the police who arrived at the scene saw that he was a Rastafarian, and delayed getting him to the proper medical facilities. I'm sure I'll post some other stuff from him in the future...

No comments: